Indic Keyboard is a versatile keyboard for Android users who wish to use Indic and Indian languages to type messages, compose emails and generally prefer to use them in addition to English on their phone. You can use this application to type anywhere in your phone that you would normally type in English.
– 23 languages supported NOW!!
– Learns the common words you use and provides suggestions.
– Provides compact, convenient keyboard layouts for the casual users as well as the language lovers
– Transliteration – You type using English, the app will convert it into your language.
– Fully integrates with native Android look and feel
– Free and Open Source – Made for the people, by the people. YOU can make it better.
Will my phone support it ?
Indic keyboard supports Android version 4.1 and above (Jellybean, Kitkat and Lollipop). If you can see your language in its native script below you should be able to install and use it.
Some phones may not support all the languages listed since the phone’s maker shipped fonts only for some of these languages. Even then, rendering for some of the languages is not perfect on Android
What languages are supported ?
– Assamese Keyboard – Inscript, Transliteration
– 아랍어 키보드
– Bengali / Bangla Keyboard – Probhat, Avro, Inscript, Compact
– Burmese Keyboard / Myanmar – xkb
– Gujarati Keyboard – Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
– Hindi Keyboard – Inscript, Transliteration
– Kannada Keyboard – Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration (Baraha), Compact, Anysoft
– Kashmiri Keyboard – Inscript, Transliteration
– Malayalam Keyboard – Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration (Mozhi), Swanalekha
– Manipuri Keyboard / Methei Keyboard – Inscript
– Maithili Keyboard – Inscript
– Marathi Keyboard – Transliteration
– Mon Keyboard
– Nepali Keyboard – Phonetic, Traditional, Transliteration, Inscript
– Oriya Keyboard – Inscript, Transliteration, Lekhani
– Punjabi / Gurmukhi Keyboard – Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration
– Sanskrit Keyboard – Transliteration
– Santali Keyboard – Inscript (Devanagari script)
– Sinhala Keyboard / Sinhalese – Transliteration
– Tamil Keyboard – Tamil 99, Inscript, Phonetic, Compact, Transliteration
– Telugu Keyboard – Phonetic, Inscript, Transliteration, KaChaTaThaPa, Compact
– Urdu Keyboard – Transliteration
How do I enable it ?
Indic keyboard has a wizard that will walk you through the process of setting it up so that you can use it comfortably.
Why is there a warning about “collecting data”?
This warning message is a part of the Android operating system. It will appears whenever you try to enable a third party keyboard.
What is a keyboard layout ?
Indic keyboard provides multiple “keyboard layouts”. This means that you will have different ways to type in your native language.
Transliteration allows you to type out words using English characters, but will automatically transform the words to your native language. For example, if you type “namaste” in English while using Devanagari transliteration keyboard, it will transform it to correctly
Inscript layout is the standardized keyboard that Government of India came up with to cater for the majority of the languages in India. We support the full specification, and if you are already familiar with Inscript on your Desktop, it will work on the phone too.
Phonetic keyboard is similar to Transliteration scheme – you can type what the words sound like using English characters and it will be automatically transformed into your language.
Compact Keyboard allows to type Indian languages without the shift key. You can long press on the letters to get more options.
Find out more at : gitlab.com/smc/indic-keyboard
크기 : 8.1M
현재 버전 : 2.0.2
안드로이드 필요 : 4.1 이상
Offered By : Swathanthra Malayalam Computing